Giving (a.k.a. "return", “tithe”, “offering”), a Joy to Discover
We believe in giving, not as a rule to keep, but as a joy to discover. Generosity is a heart issue and must be internally motivated. Love cannot be externally pressured.
The principle of giving is a “returning” principle, which reflects the stewardship of our heart. Putting God first in our finances is an expression of family.
If you’re already giving regularly to gateway:61, Thank You.
If you’re not, we invite you to pray. Ask God what He would have you do and joyfully follow Him, making your giving an expression of love.
We’d rather you not give at all than to give from a place of fear or law.
Here are some thoughts we hope will help you discover the joy...
- giving IS so we participate in the economy of heaven where nothing is impossible. Putting God first in our finances is an expression of spiritual warfare.
- giving is NOT out of the fear of punishment. Perfect love drives out the fear that has to do with punishment. We serve a good Father and there is no room for being motivated by fear. He invites you to participate from a joyful heart.
- giving is NOT in order to satisfy the requirement of the Law. Yes, tithing was part of the Old Covenant yet the New Covenant is by the Spirit. It is love motivated internally, not law motivating externally.
- giving IS out of awareness that God is our source. There’s something about giving that keeps our heart and thoughts anchored upon and trusting in God as our provider. Putting God first in our finances is an expression of worship.
- giving IS a practical way to express our support for our gateway:61 family. Putting God first in our finances is an expression of family.